Raiding Membership - Applicant Information

Enter if you dare
Dalla
Should be Recruiting

Raiding Membership - Applicant Information

Post by Dalla »

Echoes in Eternity has two classes of membership: Social Members and Raiding Members.

Social Members are generally either friends and family of existing EiE members, returning EiE members, or people interested in applying to raid with EiE at a later date. Social Members are not permitted to raid.

Raiding Members are members that are permitted and expected to raid.

Information for applicants for Raiding Membership is posted below.

Keep in mind: Submitting an application according to the manner in which we ask is considered your first test. Someone who cannot follow basic directions, either due to their perceived self-importance, or a basic inability to follow instructions, will not fare well in our application process.
Last edited by Dalla on Sun Nov 18, 2007 4:39 pm, edited 81 times in total.
Qadain
Should be Recruiting

Re: Applicant Information - READ THIS BEFORE YOU APPLY!!!!!

Post by Qadain »

Applicants seeking Raiding Membership:

Application requirements:

If you are a "high playtime" individual dedicated to raiding top tier content on the Povar server, please contact one of our officers in-game or via PM.

We evaluate each applicant individually based on their experience, drive, and the current needs of the guild, however, level 110 and 20,000 AA's are minimum requirements. (Auto-grant provides all AAs up to 4-expansions prior to current expansion)

If you're serious about becoming a raiding member of EiE, you should be level 110 with appropriate AAs (Class oriented - 20,000+ well-spent AA). We are currently raiding RoS / TBL. You should have MPG trials completed. You should have DoN progression completed, or be actively working on it. Your gear should be at least at the Tier 1 Group level of the most current expansion, or raid gear of the immediately-previous expansion (as of Jan 2019, this means EoK/RoS raid gear),

Echoes in Eternity is open to cross-server applications.

Applications are open for skilled and dedicated raiders of all classes.

Expectations:

Echoes in Eternity is a raiding guild. Our regular raiding schedule is Sundays from 6:30pm EST until 11pm EST, Mondays & Tuesdays from 7:30pm EST until 11pm EST. We have no formal raid requirement percentage for applicants or members. However, you should attend as many raids as their play time permits; if the members do not know you, you will never get enough votes to gain membership. We expect our members to be self sufficient. You should be able to travel to raid zones efficiently and have the ability to gate, see invis, breathe underwater, levitate, shrink, and invis. You must be able to move quickly from zone to zone and travel safely within required raid zones. You should have maps downloaded.

Posting Your Application:

Please use your character’s name to register on our message boards to post your application. When you post your application, write "Raid Applicant", and then your character’s name, level, and class in the subject line (e.g. Raiding Applicant - Aragorn - 110 Ranger). You may submit an application with answers to the following questions either
1) as a post on this forum, or
2) in a private message to an officer.

Application:

Please use this exact format and cut and paste the questions below to use for your application. Please note: We rely a great deal on Magelo to get insights on your choices for your character. A lot can be gleaned about a player based on his augs, gear selection, AA priorities and weapon choices. A lot of members consider this an app's 1st "test"!

1) Please provide a Magelo or Raidloot link (optional) and a summary of your character, including class, level, equipment level, and AAs.
2) What days and times do you usually play?
3) What are your past guilds and raid experience with each? What notable events have you participated in and what were your roles in each?
4) Why do you want to join Echoes in Eternity? What are your feelings about our overall application process?
5) What do you expect out of EiE membership? What can EiE expect out of you?
6) What were the high and low points of your EQ career?
7) Which, if any, EiE members or applicants do you know? Did someone in particular influence you to apply?
8 ) What Expansion progressions and / or Raid Flags do you have? Specify group vs raid
9) Do you have anything else to say to support your application?

What Happens Next:

Shortly after you submit your application, an officer will contact you about your application and you will receive a provisional guild tag, access to our raid channel, appropriate class specific channels, and applicants only sections on the message boards. Also We will be posting a Feedback Thread and setting up an interview by the officers and class leaders. After which if there is no negative feedback and the interview is completed w/ approval, your application will be formally accepted.

As an applicant, it will be your responsibility to find a member sponsor. The member sponsor will be your liaison to the rest of the members. (Does not have to be of your class to be a Sponsor)
During your Raid Applicant time (30 Days or 20 Raid Events*), in your Feedback thread if you receive a Veto** your guild tag will become permanent and you will receive additional access and permissions to our websites. During your application period you will earn and use points in our DKP system. Visit our DKP site to register an account and then speak with an officer about activating your account.

Definitons:
*Raid Event: Called Offical DKP Targets, to include a complete set Attendance dkp for a given day (if no targets are called or raids are called that day)
**Veto: your application will have 7 days added per veto with 3 Veto's would instantly disqualify your application and you would be set as a Social Member (3 Strike Rule)

Rev 01012019
Last edited by Ferriciean Aetas on Mon Aug 17, 2015 10:56 pm, edited 21 times in total.
Qadain

"Always be tactful and well-mannered and teach your subordinates to do the same. Avoid excessive sharpness or harshness of voice, which usually indicates the man who has shortcomings of his own to hide."
- Erwin Rommel
Qadain
Should be Recruiting

Re: Raiding Membership - Applicant Information

Post by Qadain »

Below is an example of what we expect from an application.

Sample Echoes In Eternity Application for Raiding Membership

1) Make every attempt (not required) to provide a Magelo link and a summary of your character, including class, level, equipment level, and AAs.

My current (up to date) magelo link is: (put link here). I am a level 90 cleric with 4000 AA and a mix of UF T6 raid and HoT T4 group gear.

2) What days and times do you usually play?

I usually play Monday through Wednesday from 7pm EST until approximately 11pm EST. I do not play on Thursday, Friday, or Saturday but am available every other Sunday from 6pm EST until approximately 11pm EST.

3) What are your past guilds and raid experience with each? What notable events have you participated in and what were your roles in each?

ABC Guild: I raided with them from the time my character was level 45 until approximately level 55. It was a casual guild and we spent time raiding in Sebilis, Kael, Fear and Hate. I was recruiting officer and also the primary liason with our ally TotD. I left the guild because I wanted to progress faster in the game and most of the members did not have any interest in progression.

EFG Guild: I created this guild with friends when we all became unhappy with our previous guilds. I was guild leader for approximately two years. During this time, we we spent time raiding in Fear, Hate, Air, Kunark Dragons, Velious Dragons, ToV, and Luclin. I was the guild leader and maintained all of our DKP system, website, message boards and was responsible for most of the every day guild operations. I also was raid leader at times as well as performed general cleric duties including heal rotations, buffing, rezzing and etc. I left the guild for several reasons, but mainly because I want to see the high end game and do not feel like my guild would be able to get me there.

4) Why do you want to join Echoes in Eternity? How do you feel about our long and challenging application process?

EiE has always had a very good reputation on the Rodcet Nife/Quellious/Povar server. I have always wanted to see the high end game and feel that EiE is my best choice to get there. The EiE tag carries respect and honor and I would love to be a part of that. I am not afraid of a long application process. I feel that my time as an applicant to EiE will show my dedication and desire to be in the guild. A long application period helps to weed out the less desirable and less determined people. I truly believe that if someone can make it through a long strenuous application period that they can accomplish anything, including helping the guild to progress. Nothing worth doing is ever easy.

5) What do you expect out of EiE membership? What can EiE expect out of you?

I expect EiE to show me respect and to push me to be the best cleric I can be. I would like for EiE to give me constructive criticism when needed and to direct me in the ways of EiE so that I may become part of the best guild on the server.

EiE should expect no less than 100% from me at all times during raids. EiE should also expect me to perform to the best of my abilities and to represent the guild in an honorable and respectful manner.

6) What were the high and low points of your EQ career?

The highlight of my EQ career was when I killed my very first dragon!! I cannot say that I have ever had a low point in my EQ career, unless it would be watching friends leave the game.

7) Which, if any, EiE members or applicants do you know? Did someone in particular influence you to apply?

I know several people who are members of EiE like Jeetpsych, Dallaho, Pegilicious, Purvert, Eintackle, Emalou, Skittles, and Juicylucy, but it was SuperChan that convinced me to app.

8 ) What zone keys and flags do you have?

I am currently keyed/flagged for all zones except VP and DK.

9) Do you have anything else to say to support your application?

My ability to keep a level head and not screw up on a heal rotation even under the most extreme pressure. I have a flawless reputation on the server and have always helped everyone I can. I enjoy helping people achieve their goals in the game through grouping, questing and raiding.

Finally, I feel that I would add character to EiE because I have a unique character and I believe that if you give me a chance, you too will agree that I am unique.

Thank you for your time and consideration,

Applicious
Qadain

"Always be tactful and well-mannered and teach your subordinates to do the same. Avoid excessive sharpness or harshness of voice, which usually indicates the man who has shortcomings of his own to hide."
- Erwin Rommel
Aamain
Should be Recruiting

Post by Aamain »

Requirements for RAIDING APPLICANTS Or those that are Raiding with Echoes

Software to help your success in raiding.

EiE currently uses Discord for Voice over IP chat. https://discord.com/

- You need to be able to hear audio triggers and raid instruction during most fights.
- See current Message of the Day (MotD or /get) in game for channel and password
- In Discord we use the EiE channel during raids. Please feel free to graciously use other channels when needed but currently we are guests here. Please behave accordingly.
- Working headset, computer speakers and microphone are typically used. Exceptions can be discussed on a case by case basis.

Modern Everquest raids make heavy use of logs, log readers and in game "Action Triggers" that may flash across you screen and/or give an audio cue to perform an action. For example: "Run East! NOW!!"

- EiE uses Gimagukk's Incantatory Notation Apparatus, "GINA" for short. GINA is downloadable here: http://eq.gimasoft.com/gina/download.aspx
- (Optional) You will often here people referring to parse, log parse or similar in game. Most use GameParse by GamboSoft: https://gambosoft.eqresource.com/downloads.php

EiE politely suggests you are a Daybreak Games (Everquest) "All Access" member in order to utilize, in particular raid level equipment. Though we'd love to have you, toons wearing silver level gear is only going to put more stress on healers and other raid members trying to keep you alive during raids. Again, we can discuss this on a case by case basis.

For more information please contact any EiE officer or member to be directed to an EiE officer online for more information.

Technical help

None of this is for the feign of heart. We understand and many of us, when not saving Norrath from untold monsters, mission and other adventures have successfully mastered many of the above. Please feel free to ask for help or guidance and we will do our best to assist

Links:
http://eq.gimasoft.com/gina/download.aspx
https://discord.com/
https://gambosoft.eqresource.com/downloads.php

RN/Povar:
110 Rng - Aamain , 105 Dru - Aamaorn, 105 Brd - Aaclef, 105 Wiz - Aagain, 74 Enc - Aamezr, 54 Pal - Alladric, 54 SK - Aatun, 53 Bst - Aakitt
110 Clr - Aagein

AB / Test:
51 War - Nhuurog, 30 War - Nhuurog

"Communication is key, without it the battle is already lost..."

"Success is simple. Do what's right, the right way, at the right time."
~Arnold H. Glasow
Sadruud
Druids are Gross

Post by Sadruud »

Updated Aamain's post.
1. Removed Requirement for Magelo