Social Membership - Applicant Information

Enter if you dare
Dalla
Should be Recruiting

Social Membership - Applicant Information

Post by Dalla »

Echoes in Eternity has two classes of membership: Social Members and Raiding Members.

Social Members are generally either friends and family of existing EiE members, returning EiE members, or people interested in applying to raid with EiE at a later date. Social Members are not permitted to raid.

Raiding Members are members that are permitted and expected to raid.

Information for applicants for Social Membership is posted below.

Keep in mind: Submitting an application according to the manner in which we ask is considered your first test. Someone who cannot follow basic directions, either due to their perceived self-importance, or a basic inability to follow instructions, will not fare well in our application process.
Last edited by Dalla on Sun Nov 18, 2007 4:39 pm, edited 81 times in total.
Qadain
Should be Recruiting

Re: Applicant Information - READ THIS BEFORE YOU APPLY!!!!!

Post by Qadain »

Applicants seeking Social Membership:

Application requirements:

Applicants for Social Membership must meet one of the following:
1) Have friends or family in EiE (a sponsor is preferred but not required in this case)
2) Are returning EiE members, or
3) Are interested in applying to raid with EiE at a later date.

Expectations:

We expect our Social Members to act honorably and uphold and enhance the reputation of EiE.

Posting Your Application:

Please use your character’s name to register on our message boards to post your application. When you post your application, write "Social Applicant", and then your character’s name, level, and class in the subject line (e.g. Social Applicant - Gimli - 90 Warrior). You may submit an application with answers to the following questions either
1) as a post on this forum, or
2) in a private message to an officer.

Application:

Please use this exact format and cut and paste the questions below to use for your application.

1) Do you have a sponsor in EiE? If so, who, and what is your relationship to them?
2) What days and times do you usually play?
3) What are your past guilds and experience with each?
4) Why do you want to join Echoes in Eternity?
5) What do you expect out of EiE membership and what can EiE expect out of you?
6) What were the high and low points of your EQ career?
7) Which, if any, EiE members or applicants do you know?
8) Do you plan on applying for Raiding Membership in the future? If so, when?
9) Do you have anything else to say to support your application?

What Happens Next:

An officer will contact you about your application, we will be posting a Feedback Thread. a provisional guild tag, and have access to our forums as a Social Applicant. If your application and Feedback Thread are found acceptable . After 1 month (30 days), given no problems that need to be resolved, you will be promoted to a Social Member.
Qadain

"Always be tactful and well-mannered and teach your subordinates to do the same. Avoid excessive sharpness or harshness of voice, which usually indicates the man who has shortcomings of his own to hide."
- Erwin Rommel
Qadain
Should be Recruiting

Re: Social Membership - Applicant Information

Post by Qadain »

Sample Echoes In Eternity Application for Social Membership

1) Do you have a sponsor in EiE? If so, who, and what is your relationship to them?

My sponsor is Darth Vader, my father.

2) What days and times do you usually play?

I usually play on weekdays after my Jedi training, 9pm EST until approximately 11pm EST. I also play on weekends, but not on a fixed schedule.

3) What are your past guilds and raid experience with each? What notable events have you participated in and what were your roles in each?

ABC Guild: I raided with them from the time my character was level 45 until approximately level 55. It was a casual guild and we spent time raiding in Sebilis, Kael, Fear and Hate. I was recruiting officer and also the primary liason with our ally TotD. I left the guild because I wanted to progress faster in the game and most of the members did not have any interest in progression.

EFG Guild: I created this guild with friends when we all became unhappy with our previous guilds. I was guild leader for approximately two years. During this time, we we spent time raiding in Fear, Hate, Air, Kunark Dragons, Velious Dragons, ToV, and Luclin. I was the guild leader and maintained all of our DKP system, website, message boards and was responsible for most of the every day guild operations. I also was raid leader at times as well as performed general cleric duties including heal rotations, buffing, rezzing and etc. I left the guild for several reasons, but mainly because I want to see the high end game and do not feel like my guild would be able to get me there.

4) Why do you want to join Echoes in Eternity?

I want to be in the same guild as my father and get to know the EiE members.

5) What do you expect out of EiE membership and what can EiE expect out of you?

I expect EiE to show me respect and show me the ways of the force.

EiE should me to be friendly, helpful, and to represent the guild in an honorable and respectful manner.

6) What were the high and low points of your EQ career?

The highlight of my career was when I blew up the Death Star. The low point of my career was getting my hand cut off in a lightsabre duel.

7) Which, if any, EiE members or applicants do you know?

I know several people who are members of EiE like Jeetpsych, Dallaho, Pegilicious, Purvert, Eintackle, Emalou, Skittles, and Juicylucy.

8) Do you plan on applying for Raiding Membership in the future? If so, when?

Yes, after I complete my Jedi training, which will take about 6 months.

9) Do you have anything else to say to support your application?

My ability to keep a level head and not screw up on a heal rotation even under the most extreme pressure. I have a flawless reputation on the server and have always helped everyone I can. I enjoy helping people achieve their goals in the game through grouping, questing and raiding.

Finally, I feel that I would add character to EiE because I have a unique character and I believe that if you give me a chance, you too will agree that I am unique.

Thank you for your time and consideration,

L. S.
Qadain

"Always be tactful and well-mannered and teach your subordinates to do the same. Avoid excessive sharpness or harshness of voice, which usually indicates the man who has shortcomings of his own to hide."
- Erwin Rommel